IMPORTANT NOTICE: There have been reports of vandalism at this cemetary Please note that there will be extensive patrols done by Police at this property should you know its location, especially on and around Halloween. Please have respect for those buried here.
The Church was built upon land donated by one of the original settlers, John Adamson. Being a carpenter by trade, John Adamson both supervised and helped build the church, which was finished and dedicated in May 1849. Other community members included William Gibson who was the first to be buried in the adjoining cemetery.
In 1890 the church was closed down because at the time there existed 3 other churches of the same faith in the immediate area. There are stories of one old gentleman that continued to go to the closed church every week to worship in silence for many years afterward.
The cemetery was expanded in 1888, in 1914 and again in 1939 to include the property south of the original cemetery and across the road on the east side.
The current urban legend of a haunting there consists of a caretaker who is still doing his job devoutly even though he is no longer of the physical world. In 1931 William Brown, an area resident was appointed caretaker until retirement at which time his son, bill took over. Could the spirit of one the Brown men be the caretaker people have witnessed, still looking after the grounds?